LAW NUMBER. 4039/2012 (Government Gazette A 15) For home pets and stray pets and to protect animals from exploitation or use for profit.
LAW NUMBER. 4039/2012 (Government Gazette A 15)
For home pets and stray pets and to protect animals from exploitation or use for profit. (As amended and supplemented by LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
For the purposes of this Act, the following definitions apply:
a) Animal means any living organism that moves and become aware dry, air and sea, or any other aquatic ecosystem or wetland.
b) Welfare is the set of rules to be applied by the man to the animals in terms of their protection and their welfare, so as not to hurt and suffer, they remain in place dry, clean and protected from the weather conditions, without being permanently tied and-living in unsuitable structures (eg metal), care for medical care and providing adequate food and water, their daily exercise or walking and general care to respect for their existence.
c) Animal pet every animal that is kept or intended to be maintained by humans, mainly inside the residence, on grounds of animal lovers or pet.
d) Home pet is any non-wild animal that is kept or intended to be maintained by humans, especially in the house for reasons of animal welfare or pet and is under the direct supervision and care of the owner, the owner, attendant or security guard.
As pets are considered and dogs, used for hunting, flocks storage, storage spaces, assist and protect persons with disabilities, as well as search and rescue dogs and dogs used by the armed forces and Security Forces.
e) stray pet is every pet animal which either has no home or is outside the boundaries of the owner’s residence, the owner, a crew member or guardian and is not under the direct supervision and control. The hunting and herds guard dogs and search and rescue dogs during the hunt, their education, care of the flock, the search and rescue, are not considered stray animals.
“F) Dangerous pet animal is a pet animal, exhibiting wanton and unwarranted aggression without being threatened to humans or other animals, and the animal that suffers or is a carrier of a serious disease that can be transmitted to humans or other animals and can not be cured. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
g) Small pet animal is a pet animal, whose weight does not exceed ten (10) pounds.
h) Shelter stray animals is a special facility, intended for the care and temporary stay of a significant number of stray or unwanted pets.
i) Serious illness is any direct and high-risk disease to humans or animals of the same or another species.
j) Circus is a temporary outdoor installation, tent or canopy, which made a profit musical and acrobatic shows or other relevant events for the entertainment of people to participate or not animals.
k) theater company with a diverse program (vaudeville) is a group, which is a permanent or temporary installation operates for profit and in alternating sequence entertainment programs, performances, fun little comic theatrical performances, songs, dance with varied content and the participation or not animals.
l) Competent Management Principles of Electronic Base Online registration of pets and their owners are those principles which ensure the implementation, operation and supervision of the whole labeling system and registration of pets and their owners.
m) Relevant Implementation and Control Principles of animal welfare rules and system and registration of pets and their owners are those authorities who at Regional level, Regional Sections and Municipalities ensure the proper implementation and enforcement – in cooperation with the authorities of iv- previous case of the system of Internet Electronic Base marking and registration of pets and their owners, and the penalties for non-compliance with the animal welfare rules.
“N) Competent bodies for the establishment of infringements are the organs to discover during the performance of their supervisory duties, namely the staff of Greek Police, the Forest Service, the Customs, the Stations Sanitary Veterinary Inspection (BIP), the Coast Guard – Greek Coast Guard and private security guards hunting hunting organizations. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
“O) Competent Institution Execution of marking and registration of pets and their owners on the Internet E-Base is a veterinarian, which according to prescribed procedure by submitting an electronic application to the Information Department of the Ministry of Agriculture, certified acquires special password in Internet Electronic marking base and registration of pets, making the label and record the pets and their owners in the Internet E-Base, issuing the health card or the animal’s passport if the animal will be transferred abroad and any change of the owner or temporary acquirer and informs the base with the necessary information. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
1. Competent Authority for animal welfare and keep their welfare rules is the General Veterinary Directorate of the Ministry of Agriculture. Competent Management Principles of Electronic Base Online registration of pets and their owners are: a. The Department of Veterinary Drug Awareness and Application of the General Directorate of Veterinary Medicine of the Ministry of Agriculture and b. The IT Department of the Ministry of Agriculture.
2. Competent Authorities of Implementation and Control of animal welfare rules and system of marking and registration of pets and their owners out of the Veterinary Directorates General for Regional Rural Economy and Veterinary of the Regions, Rural Economy and Veterinary Directorates of the Regional sections of the country and the veterinary services of the municipalities and where they have not established the Agricultural Development Offices of the relevant municipality.
3. Competent Body Performance marking and registration of pets and their owners on the Internet E-Base is defined as the veterinarian, culminating with the legal procedure, referred to in Article 4 of this Law.
1. For the purposes of this Act Competent Management Principles of Electronic Base Online registration of pets and their owners to Article 2 of this law have the following responsibilities:
A. Your Perceptions Veterinary Medicines and Applications (BROWN) of the Ministry of Agriculture:
a) proposing the adoption of the decisions provided for in this Law,
b) issuing circulars on the implementation of electronic tagging and registration of pets and on any topic relating to pets,
c) in cooperation with the IT Department of the Ministry of Agriculture: aa) to control the operation of the electronic database, which recorded the marking elements of pets and their owners, b) enrichment with the necessary information online Base electronic registration of pets and their owners and the constant upgrading and c) granting passwords to veterinarians, certified by the legal process.
B. The IT Department of the Ministry of Agriculture:
a. Providing the necessary IT infrastructure (central computers, network, etc.) for the operation of central online electronic database, which recorded the marking elements of pets and their owners, and the supply of electronic media detector marking provided for in Article 4, paragraph 4.
b. Ensuring uptime, technical support, maintenance and protection of the IT infrastructure that supports the system.
c. The obligation backup, so the data recorded in the database, to be available for review for three (3) years.
2. For the purposes of this Act, the Competent Authorities of Implementation and Control of the labeling system and registration of pets and their owners, Article 2, paragraph 2, have the following responsibilities:
a. The collaboration with the Executing Agency of the marking and registration of pets to coordinate their actions and provide technical guidance and all kinds of support for the full and uniform application of electronic tagging and registration of pets.
b. The control and supervision of the Body Performance marking and registration of pets.
3. Entities Execution of marking and registration of pets and their owners, Article 2, paragraph 3, shall have the following responsibilities:
a. Carrying out the marking of pet animals through the use of appropriate means of electronic labeling and the inclusion of marker elements of pets and their owners on the Internet E-Base and continuous information.
b. The responsibility for updating any convenient way for owners and pet owners of their obligations with regard to the implementation of electronic tagging of pets and the requirements of this law on electronic tagging and registration of pets.
c. The version in Annexes 2 and 3 health booklet in the labeling of pet passport or animal, if the animal is to be transferred abroad and recording them, free of charge, of any change of ownership during the veterinary examination of animal or by inoculation.
Online Electronic marking base and registration of pets and their owners – Mark, health card or passport
1. In the IT Division of the Ministry of Agriculture created Internet- Electronic marking base and registration of pets and their owners. In the Internet E-Base registered by veterinarians, certified, data relating to the recognition of despozomenon companion animals (such as sex, color, race, loss, delivery to another owner, death) and the identification of the owner (such as name, address, phone number and identity card or passport or equivalent document, such as driver’s license or insurance booklet), and are strictly adhered to the provisions “on personal data”.
The certification of veterinarians performed with the electronic application to the Information Department of the Ministry of Agriculture and the grant to the applicant veterinarian password in Internet Electronic Base.
The Internet E-Base is directly connected to the vet and generally throughout, made the labeling of pet animals.
The certification of veterinarians of Rural Economy and Veterinary Directorates of the Regional Sections of the country is mandatory. “Excluded from this certification and access to Internet E Base veterinarians, nationals of states – EU members, providing temporarily and occasionally their veterinary services in Greece, according to PD 38/2010 (A 78). “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
In the Internet E-Base introduced logical correlation parameters of the number of animals per owner in order to ensure animal welfare and the respect of basic hygiene rules.
2. The requirements for electronic identification and collection of data home pet apply to electronic tagging and registration of stray pets.
3. ‘a) labeling each pet is mandatory, including dogs used to guard flocks. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014). The cost of marking and registration of despozomenon pet borne by their owners and stray the appropriate municipality or the animal welfare association or union that can obtain an electronic marker directly from trade.
In the case of sensitive social groups (disabled with disability greater than or equal to 80%, many children, triteknoi, single parents, unemployed registered with the OAED, persons living with the Welfare Allowance), owners of pet bear the costs alone electronic labeling agent and other services without penalty provided when the animal marking takes place in veterinary medicine or in specially designated areas, the municipalities, the intermunicipal centers and Agribusiness Directorates and Veterinary of the Regional Sections of the country.
For the realization of electronic tagging or issue a health booklet or passport owner of home pet obliged to show the vet certified, the identification card or passport or equivalent document, in order to verify his or her personal data and assigned to the only the pet animal marking code with the individual identity of its owner. The officer conducting marking certified veterinarian shall provide free to the owner of the animal electronic tagging and registration certificate based on the model of Annex 1 to the animal marking number, characteristics (sex, color, race) and data owner (name , address, phone number and identity card or passport or equivalent document).
b. A TAB in order to ensure the viability and function of the infrastructure associated with the stray management and home animals, may introduce, after the city council decision, compensation rate, which may not exceed the amount of three (3) euro per signified animal. “The above-mentioned fee is charged and within thirty (30) days assigned to the relevant local government, the veterinarian who performs the act of marking and registration of the animal in Web Database of the Ministry of Agriculture.” (LAW 4235 / 2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
4. The label and identify each pet takes place by placing the left outer side of the cervix of the electronic identification system animal (transponder), which is a passive radio frequency identification device is read-only, conforming to ISO 11784 and applying HDX or FDX-B and can be read by a reading device compatible with standard ISO 11785 and registered in the Internet E-marking base and registration of pets and their owners. Testators electronic signage medium retail or wholesale are obliged to make the Greek market electronic marker consistent with the above requirements and instructions in Greek language.
“5. Electronic tagging and recording the passport and health booklet in accordance with the models in Annexes 2 and 3 are carried out by veterinarians, certified, legally practicing veterinary profession in Greece and licensed profession / certificate exercising subscription lawful exercise starting conditions the geotechnical profession by the Geotechnical Chamber of Greece (GCG), Tax Identification Number (TIN) and veterinary clinic that operates legally. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
health card is not required if the pet animal has a passport.
Where marking home pet place at veterinary clinic or landscaped area that belongs to TAB or partnership OTA, the owner of the animal except the cost of electronic tagging agent may be charged with additional costs for the provision of signage services, which may be applied, once determined by the relevant decision or the relevant Local Authorities.
Liabilities home pet owners
1. The owner of home pet obliged:
“A) provide for marking and registration of the animal, as well as for issuing health card before leaving the animal in place of birth and in any case within two months of the birth of that or within a month from finding or acquisition, and to place in a prominent position of the collar of the animal metal badge, which is provided by veterinarians in making the anti-rabies vaccination, “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
b) state within five days of the loss of the animal to a veterinarian, certified in Internet Electronic marking base and registration of pets and their owners,
c) comply with the welfare standards of animals and to ensure that the veterinary examination, which is evidenced by an entry in the health booklet or in the animal’s passport, and to endeavor to ensure comfortable, healthy and suitable accommodation, suitable for the natural way of life of the animal, allowing it to be in its natural upright posture, without hampering the natural movements and the ability to carry out the necessary health and welfare of the exercise,
‘D) be provided with the passport of the animal, if it is to travel with it abroad and to ensure that the information on every change of the owner or the temporary holder. The passport must be in accordance with Annexes 2 and 3. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
e) not to leave the animal, and if it wishes to divest the pet animal must notify the relevant department of the municipality of the place of residence of its intention to return it to him and to receive from a certified veterinarian copy the change of registration of the animal of the Internet Electronic marking base and registration of pets, stating the municipality as a temporary holder of most stray animal,
f) provide for the immediate cleaning of the environment from the feces of the animal except for assistance dogs,
g) to ensure their sterilization, if it does not want the maintenance of newborn animals or may not be available to new owners.
“A) to provide or send by mail, on receipt, to the appropriate municipality a copy of electronic tagging certificate of the animal.” (LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
2. The owner of a pet is liable for any loss or damage caused by the animal, in accordance with Article 924 AK .. For stray pet animals other than those referred to in paragraph 5 of Article 9, the corresponding onus the appropriate municipality.
3. Especially the dog owner: a) see to be the dog walk always with an escort, b) shall take appropriate measures so as not to freely leaving his dog in the property field and entering premises or other property in public spaces, “c) to prevent accidents is required during the walk to keep the dog tied and is a short distance from him. The same requirement applies to any companion animal, in addition to the owner. ” (LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
4. The owner of a hunting dog during hunting or any moving together with his dog for this purpose is required to carry an updated health card or passport of the dog. The obligations of the cases a and b of the preceding paragraph shall not apply to assistance dogs and for their herds guard dogs, the hunting dogs and dogs search and rescue during the storage of the flock, hunting, education and search and rescue, respectively.
5. Remove the hunting license of a hunter, whose dog used in hunting, not marked in accordance with the example a of paragraph 1 and has not entered manually or with the identification label, the number of the label to the health booklet or the pet passport, up to mark a particular animal. The means of transport, used in this case must be appropriate with adequate space, lighting and ventilation and to satisfy the physiological needs of the animal.
6. In addition to the areas defined by the Article 57 of l. 2637/1998 “Accounts Certification Agency Recommendation Paying Agency and the Audit Community Aid Guidance and Guarantee Agency Certification and Inspection of Agricultural Products, General Managers and staff positions in the Ministry Agriculture and “Development of Rural Land Company” SA and other provisions “(A 200) in controlled hunting areas may be set restricted dogs fitness areas, and be carried out competitions of hunting dogs indicators skills with terms and conditions specified in each case by a joint decision of the Minister of Environment, Energy and climate Change and the Minister of Agriculture.
7. After 30 days from the publication of this law to publish ads for pets prohibited for sale, adoption or allotment in leaflets, brochures, Posters or on websites, although not to the number of their electronic tagging.
8.a. Prohibited to be imported into Greece pets, not electronic tagging. Marking items imported animals (marker code and importer’s name), from non-EU countries recorded at entry points in Greece and directly update the electronic data of the Ministry of Agriculture basis.
b. No person shall remove the electronic tagging means the owner of a pet animal (in order to prevent animal abandonment phenomena) or by another person or by a veterinarian (in order to prevent illicit purpose).
Breeding, breeding and trading of pet animals
1. The natural or legal person or association of persons, for commercial breeding, reproduce or sell pets, they must be equipped with corresponding license of establishment and operation, issued by the Directorate General for Regional Rural Economy and Veterinary of the Region, in which is domiciled or established, subject to the control of the authority and comply with the conditions laid down in PD 184/1996.
In granting authorization breeding, breeding and marketing of pet animals are to be respected welfare rules, safety regulations, the rules provide adequate veterinary perception of animals and the provisions of Law. 604/1977 and Presidential Decree 463/1978.
The farmed, replicating or sale Dogs and cats have a health card or passport, marked mandatory and stored in the Web Based Electronic Article 4.
In breeding, breeding or trading must be observed all the rules of welfare, security and the provision of adequate veterinary care.
When bred more than two female breeding dogs or marked more than two births per year in female breeding dogs, necessarily requires authorization breeding, breeding and marketing of pet animals.
“When bred even a female dog breeding for commercial purposes necessarily requires the adoption of breeding license to reproduce and market pet. breeding license to reproduce and market pet required for amateur breeders of dogs or cats when the conditions of the previous paragraph. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
For every female breeding animal records are kept. Breeding dogs is not fertilized before the second oestrus cycle and in any case the expiry nine months before the last delivery. Also reproduced after the 9th year of the animal’s age.
2. There shall be selected for breeding pets that anatomical and physiological characteristics or behavioral traits may, depending on the type and race, prove harmful to the health and welfare of the female reproductive pet and descendants . The determination of harmful features is by decision of the Minister of Rural Development and Food.
a) the sale of dogs and cats outdoors in public places, including outdoor markets,
b) the sale of pet animals aged less than eight (8) weeks,
c) the import and marketing of dogs that are mutilated,
d) the breeding dogs are mutilated. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
“4. Applications for the breeding license to reproduce and market pet and the dog trainer license to professional breeders and amateurs, by decision of the Minister of Rural Development and Food and any competent minister sets out the specific terms and conditions to be met breeding areas, breeding, marketing and training of pet animals for installations, living quarters or residence of the animal, the welfare conditions and the necessary equipment to animal species, the competent supervisory authority, the audit process and sanctions and any other relevant matter. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
5. Upon sale of an animal, signed the “Market Statement animal by new owner” between the seller and the buyer-new owner, according to the model “animal Purchase Statement” of Appendix 5.
Exhibitions with pets
‘1. The natural or legal person or group of persons, which organizes exhibitions with pets, must be provided with a license, issued by the competent veterinary service of that municipality and where this is not established by the veterinary services of the Regional Unity. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
2. During the pets exposure should be under the direct supervision of the owner, holder or their attendant, who must not cause fear or pain. pets exhibiting no cause aggressive behavior towards other animals or humans, wear a muzzle or be removed from the report. The veterinary presence is mandatory throughout the report.
3. pet, participating in exhibitions, must be marked and registered and their supporters to bring health card or passport, by showing that vaccinated and have undergone recent deworming.
4. The participation mutilated animals in any kind of reports.
Conservation of pets in homes
1. A retention home pets per house. In apartment buildings, consisting of two apartments and more, the retention home pet in each apartment provided that they: a) reside in the same apartment with the owner or the holder, b) does not remain permanently on the terraces or in open spaces of the apartment, c) stay in flats apartments is subject to compliance with welfare standards, health regulations and police regulations on the peace and d) have been checked electronically tagged, documented and bring health card.
Not keeping pets may be prohibited by regulation of the building, where the conditions of the preceding paragraph are met. By the same Regulation may limit the maximum number of animals allowed in two (2) animals per apartment.
2. Allow the maintenance pets that have marked and legally registered and have health card, in houses with the condition that the welfare standards and animal welfare, and the actual health conditions and police on the peace provisions.
3. The retention and eve pet in public areas of the building. but allowed in the flats, the roof, the open space and the garden where there is a unanimous decision of the general meeting of owners.
4. The above numerical limitations only apply to dogs and cats. For other pets, the conditions of paragraph 2 must be observed.
Collection and treatment of stray pets
‘1. Municipalities are required to arrange for the collection and management of stray pets in accordance with this Article. That power may be exercised by Municipalities and by filozoikes associations and unions, preceded by a written agreement with the relevant municipality, who is in overall charge of stray pets within its administrative limits. The in the above animal welfare associations and clubs that are approved by the relevant municipality must have infrastructure, consisting of the existence of suitable related facilities or animal transport vehicles and personnel with experience in animal handling. By decision of the Minister of Rural Development and Food established the type and number of facilities and vehicles, and the experience of human resources, which must have the animal welfare associations and clubs for exercising the powers of this paragraph. “( LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
2. For the above purpose each municipality or adjoining or cooperating Municipalities establish and operate municipal or inter-municipal veterinarians and stray pet shelters permissible cooperation with interested filozoika clubs and associations or volunteers and animal lovers in owned or leased or licensed by the State, the Region or private spaces.
The municipalities can be provided financial support by public or private entities for the establishment and operation of shelters.
The homeless pet shelters are temporary places of residence and care, and the establishment and operation are governed by the applicable provisions on animal habitats n. 604/1977 and Presidential Decree 463/1978.
Checks on compliance with their operating conditions exercised by the competent Regional Directorate of Rural Economy and Veterinary of the Region, in accordance with Article 12 of Law. 604/1977.
The provisions of paragraph 2 of this Article fines down from 1,000 to 10,000.
“Under the supervision of Municipalities may be established and operate shelters or veterinary clinics stray pets and animal welfare associations and associations have the appropriate veterinary staff, at least one veterinarian per 50 animals, technical infrastructure, facilities and the necessary equipment in accordance with the provisions of Law. 604/1977 and Presidential Decree 463/1978, as applicable. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
“3. For the collection of stray pets, workshops formed by people properly trained and experienced in captivity pets. Workshops are checked for their work, as with the permitted capture and captivity methods of these animals, by a veterinarian of the competent veterinary services of the municipality and, where this is not established by a veterinarian of the Veterinary Department of the Directorate of Rural Economy and Veterinary of the relevant regional Unit. The supervision and control is carried out based on risk analysis. Care for the education of these individuals has the familiar Municipality. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
“4. a) The stray pets, which are collected, partially driven in existing homeless pet shelters, the municipal veterinarians or, in exceptional cases, and in private veterinary practices, which have suitable facilities able to temporarily accommodate a reasonable time the for animal care until their recovery, are subjected to veterinary examination, neutered, marked with electronic tagging as a stray and recorded in the online electronic database.
b) If it is determined by veterinary examination that are injured or suffering from a curable disease, subject to an appropriate treatment.
c) If it is determined by veterinary examination to be dangerous pets or that suffer from incurable disease or is completely unable to support themselves due to old age or disability and keeping them alive is manifestly contrary to their welfare rules and refuse the animal welfare clubs region to take care, supervision and the procedure for their adoption, are euthanized. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
5. Stray pets, which are collected and recorded by marking that have owner, who has said or failed to declare their loss, returned to him.
6. Stray pets, which are collected and found to be healthy or have more therapist and derived from tradition by the owner may be adopted by adults or by animal welfare associations and clubs that operate legally.
7. In any case pets, adopted, directly labeled and recorded electronically in Online Electronic base with full details of the provisional and the definitive owner and undergo worming and vaccination. Upon delivery of an animal for adoption signed the “Declaration Adoption of new animal owner” between responsible of the shelter or animal welfare associations and the new owner, according to the model “Statement Adoption Animal” of Annex 4.
8. In the case of adoption of stray companion animals concerned new owner, who is not a resident of Greece, adoption takes place with their direct delivery to interested new owners under the condition that the animals have been neutered, marked and documented in the online electronic database data with full details of their temporary owner and full details of the new owner, which arise from formal proof. The retention and accommodation of such animals in shelters abroad.
9. Pet Animals less than five (5) months, which have not been adopted, they are temporarily kept in animal shelters maintained by municipalities or intermunicipal centers and collaborating with those animal welfare associations institutions and associations as the completion of the five age (5) months, having the necessary veterinary care. pets, not adopted under the veterinarian opinion judged to be healthy, reintegrated directly in their familiar environment, within the administrative boundaries of the municipality that were collected after having checked that they are marked and recorded electronically and have been worming, vaccination and sterilization.
“10. To restore the natural environment of stray pets taken of the density of the stray animal population in the area restored. The responsibility for the supervision and care of stray animals epanentassomenon have, together, the municipalities, who may even create and food and water points for these animals, as well as collaborating with those animal welfare associations and unions. feeding and water stray pet is not prohibited from animal lovers citizens, under the condition that the cleanliness and hygiene. You may not return to areas with hospitals, schools, sports centers, freeways, at landing sites and boarding boat traffic in ports, airports, railway stations, fenced archaeological sites and confinement of Central Purchasing Agency and Fisheries SA and Thessaloniki Central Market SA. By decision of the five-member panel section 12 regulates the procedures for determining the density of stray animal population in the area that they are restored, and the demarcation of areas to restore them is not allowed.
11. sterilizations in stray pets, as well as marking and the recording made free by volunteer professionals veterinarians, who have Greek nationality or the nationality of one of the States – the European Union and who collect all necessary conditions, so that they can legally practice as a veterinarian in Greece. Volunteer vets moved to the town in order to pursue the profession of veterinary surgeon temporarily or occasionally, just make spaying and marking strays.
Volunteers veterinarians to carry out the sterilization, labeling and registration of stray pets can be placed on the premises of the office of the competent Services Veterinary of the Region, the Regional Unit or the municipality or other premises belonging to the region or municipality where They are available under the supervision of the abovementioned authorities in charge. By decision of the Minister of Rural Development and Food established the standards of these facilities, their equipment, their duration disposal, the disposal process and all related matters. For the same purpose, may be placed and places local private veterinary practices.
Neutering, marking and recording of stray pets can be carried on mobile facilities suitable for veterinary practice acts that have volunteers vets. For mobile facilities providing veterinary instruments granted authorization by the competent veterinary services of the Regional Unity, which is going to operate, provided that the requirements laid down in the decision of the Minister of Rural Development and Food issued in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 13.
12. a) In each municipality established by a decision of the Mayor of five monitoring committee of stray pet management program, the two members are appointed by the animal welfare associations and associations that operate legally and domiciled in the municipality or the relevant Regional Unit. Participate in committee:
aa) One (1) veterinarian designated by the appropriate municipality and which is, preferably, the head of the management program of stray pets and failing that other private veterinarian.
b) One (1) dog trainer, who is a member of legally recognized trade association dog trainers and failing that a representative of that municipality.
c) One (1) representative, appointed by the relevant Municipality, with his deputy.
The committee decided to risk a pet, according to the definition of case f of Article 1, as is the case with the problems arising in the management of stray animals. Municipalities, the Regional Units and Regions generate public information network for the animals available for adoption.
b) Where there is disagreement about the danger of a stray pet or the necessity of euthanasia carrying a stray pet, the final decision takes special scientific committee established in each municipality with the Mayor’s decision and consists of:
aa) a veterinarian of the Regional Unit of the relevant veterinary authority to his deputy,
b) a private veterinarian legally practicing in Country and operating in the jurisdiction of the municipality or a neighboring municipality with the deputy,
c) a veterinarian legally practicing in Country and cooperates with the animal welfare organization operating in the jurisdiction of the municipality or a neighboring municipality with the deputy.
If aggressive animal, the Municipality can consult dog trainer, who is a member legally recognized union dog trainers. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
13. By decision of the Minister of Rural Development and Food of matters relating to the permitted euthanasia methods, operating conditions for mobile installations carrying out veterinary operations in stray pets, as well as any other relevant matter.
“14. By decision of the Interior and Rural Development Ministers and Food down additional terms and conditions for the granting of the relevant Region to municipalities, to associations of Municipalities and under the supervision of the municipalities, in approved animal care unions and associations, establishing authorization and operating homeless shelters pets, the terms and conditions to be met by the stray pet shelters for their operation and all related matters. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
“15. By decision of the Finance Ministers of the Interior and Agriculture established the City and the Municipalities links, sponsored the creation and operation of the shelter stray pet animals and the implementation of management of stray pets operations, amount, procedure and the conditions of payment of financial assistance and any other relevant matter. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
Moving and transportation of pets
1. The movement and transport of pet animals is governed by the provisions of Regulation (RC) No 998/2003 of the European Parliament and the Council of May 26, 2003 “on the animal health requirements applicable to the non-commercial movement of pet animals and the amending Directive 92/65 / EEC “of Regulation (EU) 388/2010 of 6 May 2010 of Regulation (RC) No 1/2005 of 22 December 2004 ‘for the protection of animals during transport “, and the provisions of PD 184/1996 (A 137).
2. Without prejudice to more favorable provisions of the Road Traffic Regulations of Public Transport may carry small pets in all road, rail and fixed route public transport and in taxis and passenger ships where the animals are placed secure transport crate and accompanied by the owner or the owner.
“The assistance dogs, they carry handle strap can be transported in means of transport, no transport cage and without a muzzle, regardless of their size.” (LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
3. Passenger vessels necessarily have clean cages, protected from adverse weather conditions, to carry large pets.
4. Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not apply during handling or transport, carried out by the stray animal rescue crews and livestock garages Article 9 and from veterinary clinics, veterinary clinics and shelters within the Territory.
Prevent access stray pets in waste and collection of dead animals
1. Slaughterhouse operators, butchers, hospitals, camps, camps, food distribution outlets, catering facilities and general sanitary premises are obliged to take appropriate measures to prevent the access of stray pets in their premises litter.
2. The services, which according to the legislation in force is responsible for cleaning of roads of national, provincial and urban network have a direct obligation to eliminate from the streets and sidewalks of dead animals and ensure that the incineration or landfill themselves in accordance with national and Community legislation. Cremation pet established and operated by Municipalities and Associations of Municipalities.
“3. The disposal of dead pet animals, such as incineration and landfill, in accordance with applicable national and EU legislation. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
Prohibition of using the species in any kind of spectacles and other related activities
1. Retaining the species in circus or theater company with a diverse program, if such animals are used in any manner and for any purpose in the program, making representations or parade or heard by the public.
2. Retaining the species in recreational gaming companies, race car piste, music concerts, shows, festivals or other artistic or entertainment events, as long as the animals in any way and for any purpose in their program.
“2.a. Subject to the provisions of Article 7 prohibits the use of animals in outdoor public display for the purpose of financial gain. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
3. The breeding, training and use of animals for any kind of duel. Also breeding is prohibited and the use of cats and dogs for fur, skin, meat or for the manufacture of pharmaceuticals or other substances.
‘1. From the prohibitions referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 of Article 12 are excluded, the legally operating zoos, aquariums, animal shops, the wild fauna care centers, game farms and development reports and viewing the livestock and agriculture governed by special provisions, provided that in these places are not conducted performances of all kinds, involving animals, except dressage performances and conducting equestrian sports that include jumping, the dressage and the equestrian eventing. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
2. The provisions of Article 12 shall apply without prejudice to Article 7 and the special provisions relating to race horses and racing.
Competent authority for the implementation of Article 12 is the Local Authority, issuing business licenses or realization of the event in accordance with Article 81 of l. 3463/2006.
1. Where for-profit, entertainment or art shows, music or figurative or other art or other relevant artistic or entertainment events or programs referred to in Article 12, is required to obtain an operating license, the applicant for a permit must be submitted to the competent for authorization authority and affirmation of l. 1599/1986 that does not keep animals on the premises of the purpose of their use in any manner in the program or event subject to the exceptions referred to in Article 13.
2. The competent authority of Article 14 is allowed to make spot inspection at the company’s facility at any time, before or after the issuance of the license, to determine whether the provisions of this law. During the audit, the authority may request the assistance of the police, if appropriate. The company has to assist the authority in the course of the audit. In case of refusal not the authorization is granted or, if already granted, revoked.
3. The principle of Article 14 is responsible for receiving and examining complaints of third parties, individuals or associations concerning infringements of the provisions of Article 12 of this Law. In case of termination the authority is in direct spot check within the next business day.
a. Subject specific case under the existing EU and national legislation as well as the provision of the third paragraph of paragraph 4 of Article 9 of torture, abuse, poor and ill-treatment of any kind of animal is prohibited, as well as any act of violence in this, as notably poisoning, hanging, drowning, burning, crushing and amputation.; the animal sterilization and any veterinary practice for therapeutic purposes, is not considered amputation.
b. prohibited, except films and audiovisual educational guidance material, sale, marketing and presentation – movement online any audiovisual material like videos or other type of film or photographs which illustrate any act of violence against the animal and sexual intercourse between animals or between animals and humans for profit or sexual satisfaction of people who attend or participate in them. In the above prohibition also includes the case of the duel between animals.
c. In case of a traffic accident pet injury, the perpetrator of this act, must immediately notify the relevant Municipality in order to enable the injured animal the necessary veterinary care.
Preparation and implementation of animal disease prevention and control programs
1. The prevention and treatment of diseases that are transmitted from animals to humans or other animals of the same or other, about specific programs, established by the General Veterinary Directorate of the Ministry of Agriculture and implemented by the veterinary local government services.
2. If manifest cases of rabies in an animal, the General Veterinary Directorate may take additional steps or in a particular region of the country or across the Territory other than those provided for by the provisions of Laws 1197/1981 and 2017/1992.
3. By decision of the Minister of Rural Development and Food established veterinary and health rules and conditions relating to the prevention of invasion risk in the country or escape epizootic diseases.
Addressing leishmaniasis (
1. home dogs, who have been diagnosed with the disease leishmaniasis (Leishmania spp) by a veterinarian and has been confirmed by laboratory tests irreversible path, taking into account their health standards and animal welfare, and the potential risk to public health, the existence phlebotomine – transmitters of that disease, subject to euthanasia, with the consent of the owner.
If euthanasia is not applicable, following the advice of the veterinarian and the liability of owners of dogs home taken all supporting therapeutic and preventive measures, because the disease is classified as a notifiable disease in accordance with the presidential decree 41/2006 (A 44) and should be recorded in the book of notifiable diseases, to be held by each veterinarian.
2. In all stray dogs, regardless of the clinical picture, which is under the protection of animal welfare associations or unions or municipalities, if the dogs are in animal shelters or are free, respectively, required serological test to detect antibody titres against Leishmania spp, on first reflection process and before any other medical procedure, such as treatment or sterilization.
If the result is positive:
a) If confirmed by the veterinarian, additional blood tests, the irreversible path, taking into account their health standards and animal welfare, and the potential risk to public health, the existence phlebotomine – transmitters of Leishmania spp, subject euthanized.
b) If, after a veterinary examination, clinical and haematological and parasitological examinations allow the treatment, the dogs should be kept indoors throughout the course of treatment. The treatment prescribed by a veterinarian in accordance with the recommended treatment protocols, using approved medications from the National Medicines Agency or the European Medicines Agency.
With responsibility for animal welfare associations or unions or the municipalities, depending on whether the dogs are in animal shelters or are free, a strict record of the animal being treated, kept all the documents of the trials and assumed the responsibility of the full treatment and making appropriate prevention measures for the protection of public health.
If dogs are given to contractors should be obligatory written notification of the contractor for the antibody titer, then the contractor must undertake in writing responsibility for appropriate treatment while controlling the animal welfare association or union or municipality.
Each semester must be veterinary examination and detection antibody titres against Leishmania spp to assess the progress of the disease, with observance of all the documents of the laboratory tests.
In any case all the above documentation must be available to the Veterinary Directorates of the country’s Regions for control. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11/02/2014)
Education, training, promotion caring for animals
1. The Ministry of Agriculture departments in cooperation with other bodies shall: a) organize seminars and viewing of the media, information and education programs for people who are owners or holders of pet animals and people engaged in farming, education, trade and storage of these animals, as well as to inform local communities and groups on the content of the provisions relating to animal welfare, b) the promotion, awareness and development of the idea caring for animals in kindergartens and schools events, lectures, screenings, seminars dealing and handling of stray animals and other appropriate educational programs.
2. A joint decision of the Ministers of Finance and Agriculture can be used to fund activities referred to in the preceding paragraphs and the terms and conditions for this financing.
Additional animal protection provisions
1. By order of the competent prosecutor removed temporarily or permanently on a pet animal or other animal category by having the offender provisions of Article 5 paragraph 1 variants a, b and c and Article 16, and the animal is delivered to the homeless shelter animals of the relevant municipality or concerned animal-friendly company or association. If the treatment of the animal is particularly hard and brutal, causing particular pain or fear to the animal, the removal is final. The prosecutor may also by order to prohibit the acquisition of another animal from the offender.
2. The competent prosecutor when dealing publication or termination may, on-site inspection, to determine the circumstances that prevail in any shelter stray pets or farm, if they do not comply with the provisions of Article 9 and the specific provisions governing its operation, temporary layout, determine the measures to be taken by the owner of the shelter or kennel and the period within which it must comply.
1. Illegal trafficking in pet animals in terms of this Act (Article 6 Fri the 1st and 10 Fri the 1st) is punishable by imprisonment of at least one year and a fine of five thousand (5,000) euros to fifteen thousand (15,000 ) euro.
“2. Violators of subparagraphs c and e of paragraph 1 of Article 5, cases c and d of paragraph 3 of Article 6, paragraph 4 of Article 7 and paragraphs a and b of Article 16 punished with imprisonment of at least one year and a fine of five thousand (5,000) to fifteen thousand (15,000) euro. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
3. Violators of the provisions of Article 12 are punishable with imprisonment up to two years and a fine of five thousand (5,000) to fifteen thousand (15,000) euro.
4. Violators of the provision of case b of paragraph 8 of Article 5 and the theft of any pet animal shall be punished with imprisonment up to six months and a fine of up to three thousand (3,000) euro, and the theft of a hunting dog or assistance dog is punished with imprisonment up to one year and a fine of five thousand (5,000) to eight thousand (8,000) euros.
“4.a. Violators of the provisions of Articles 3, 4, 7, 9, 10 and 11 of l. 2017/1992 (A 31) is punishable by the penalties provided for in paragraph 2. “(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 11.02 .2014)
5. Where the preceding paragraphs, the acknowledgment of the offense report, drawn up by a competent authority and transmitted the same day to the relevant municipality for enforcement of the administrative sanctions and fines.
6. In case of relapse the penalties provided for in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 doubles.
Administrative penalties and fines
Administrative penalties and fines imposed for violations of the provisions of this law are listed in the Table below.
Administrative penalties and fines – table
2a. In the case of paragraph 1 of Article 8, relapse is considered non-compliance within 10 days from the confirmation of the infringement.
b. In case of repetition of the above fines are doubled each time while violators of Articles 6, 7 and 12 removed and the operating license for a period from one month to one year.
“3. Competent bodies attesting the violations of this law is referred to the case n Article 1. ‘(LAW 4235/2014 – Government Gazette 32 – 02/11/2014)
4. In establishing infringement certified on site by the competent body estimated administrative fine and a copy of the certificate of offense is sent to the veterinary service of territorially competent municipality and where it is not established in the Office of Municipal Agricultural Development or Rural Economy Address Veterinary and the relevant Regional Unit for enforcement of the established fine.
5. The offender has the right to appear personally or to submit a memorandum document within five (5) business days to the Chief Veterinary Officer of the territorially competent municipality and where it has not established to the Head of the Agricultural Development Office of the territorially competent municipality, or the Head of the Directorate of Rural Economy and Veterinary of the Regional Unit concerned to present his objections. The decision, by which the objections addressed should be fully justified by reference to specific facts and figures.
6. If no objections are raised or if rejected ratified the administrative fine by the Head of the Authority and paid by half within ten days from the confirmation of the infringement. If this deadline expires, the administrative fine payable to the beneficiary local government without discount, within two (2) months from confirmation.
7. Fines from administrative infringements, not paid within the period of two (2) months, established after the passage of these two months required within three (3) months from the relevant local government the competent tax office the offender taxation. The confirmation of these fines is to write and send cash registers, according to the provisions of Article 58 of PD 16/1989, introduced in Special Revenue Code Number State Budget, and the amounts received, net of collection costs reimbursed by four months at the Interior Ministry, which distributes them to local government based partition coefficients, which are determined by the Minister of Interior, issued upon proposal of the Central Union of Municipalities of Greece. These amounts allocated exclusively for the improvement of municipal shelters and veterinary practices and for the expenses arising from the application of this law.
8. In case of a continued infringement, the relevant department, who assures defines reasonable time to eliminate it and if the offender fails to comply impose a new fine after each new statement of offense.
9. A joint decision of the Ministers of Finance, Interior and Agriculture shall determine specific matters concerning the way and the process of collection, disposal and revaluation of the fines and any other relevant matter.
Final and transitional provisions
1. The provisions of this Act shall not affect other laws or provisions of international conventions ratified by law and provide greater protection to any kind of animal. Also, the provisions of the law “hunting unaffected” (Legislative Decree 86/1969), as in force and regulatory provisions thereof.
2. Where the provisions of this law refers the electronic identification of pets, means the marking of dogs and cats.
3. Annexes 1-5 referred to the provisions of this law, are an integral part of it.
4. Enterprises circus troupes with varied program or other similar companies with similar object, which operate permanently or occasionally in Greece and keep animals in order to use them in their manifestations or include in their program shows any involvement of any kind of animal, must comply with the provisions of this law within seven months from the entry into force of the otherwise stripped of their license and the estimated administrative and criminal sanctions.
5. Within two years of the publication of this law are created and operate in every municipality or in neighboring municipalities or cooperating stray animal shelters.
From the provisions of Articles 1 entry into force of this law repealed to 13 of l. 3170/2003 except for paragraph 6 of Article 7, and any other general or special provision, which regulates differently subjects of this law or contrary to its provisions.
1. To the third article of v. 3495/2006 (A 215) «Ratification of the new revised text of the International Plant Protection Convention” renumbered Article fifth.
2. Between the second and fifth Articles two Articles are inserted, which are as follows:
Official National Plant Protection Organization
Official national plant protection organization for the implementation of the International hereof Plant Protection Convention defined the Directorate of Crop Protection of the Ministry of Agriculture.
For the implementation of the International Convention of this Act Plant Protection determined by presidential decree issued on the proposal of the Minister of Rural Development and Food and any other competent Minister upon the recommendation of the Directorate of Crop Protection:
a) The phytosanitary and entry points services, their responsibilities, the plant health inspectors and their functions, official laboratories for the analysis of official samples, and their operational requirements.
b) The terms and conditions for the application of international norms and standards, in accordance with Article X (4) of the International Plant Protection Convention hereof.
c) fees or dues and fees, are obliged to pay them, the services provided, to whom is the payment and the procedure for their collection.
d) Any other necessary technical and detailed theme for the implementation of the International Convention of this law. ”
To Article 17 of v. 2637/3998, as amended, replaced and supplemented with par. 5 of article 24 of l. 2945/2001, par. 6 of article 29 of l. 3147/2003 and par. 4 of article 19 of Law . 3170/2003 is replaced as follows:
‘1. OPEKEPE’s Legal Service carried out by lawyers with Article 23 paragraph b of this law.
2. In Opekepe legal aid from the Special Office of Community law of the State Legal Council that works in Ministry of Rural Development and Food. The advisory work provided upon interrogation by the Minister of Agriculture for Community law.
3. In Opekepe up by decision of the Minister of Rural Development and Food on the proposal of the President of OPEKEPE, joint drafting of legislation and legal support committee to provide legal aid: a) for the immediate resolution of issues arising from the operation of the OPEKEPE as accredited paying agency and avoid financial corrections against the Greek Republic and b) for legal drafting regulatory acts and processing contracts. For the functioning of the Commission shall apply to the remainder, the provisions of Article 21 par. 2 of l. 4024/2011 (A 226). The operating corresponding committee deleted from 30.9.2011. Any compensation paid by 31.3.2011 to 30.9.2011 not sought.
4. In court cases, the respective reimbursement of costs for OPEKEPE attested by a special code and collected by the competent Tax Office and subsequently attached to OPEKEPE.
5. Opekepe enjoy all procedural flaws and government and judicial affairs applies the Code for the State Trials.
6. The costs for the external movements of OPEKEPE staff held since the entry into force of this law, not within the scope of paragraph 8 of article 45 of l. 3943/2011. Hereafter para. 8 of article 45 of l. 3943/2011 (A 66) will not apply for expenditure away the OPEKEPE staff movements relating to the physical spot checks shall, in accordance with EU regulations, carry out OPEKEPE.
7. Any other general or special provision which relates to matters covered by this provision is repealed. ”
entry into force
The validity of this law starts from the publication in the Official Gazette.
Order the publication hereof in the Official Gazette and its execution as Law of the State.
Athens, February 2, 2012
THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC
KAROLOS GR. PAPOULIAS
ELECTRONIC GOVERNMENT AND INTERIOR
DIMITRIOS REPPAS ANASTASSIOS GIANNITSIS
Evangelos Venizelos Stavros Dimas
GROWTH, COMPETITIVENESS ENVIRONMENT, ENERGY
AND SHIPPING AND CLIMATE CHANGE
MICHAEL CHRISOCHOÏDIS Giorgos Papakonstantinou
WORK AND HEALTH AND
SOCIAL SECURITY SOCIAL SOLIDARITY
GEORGE KOUTROUMANIS Andreas Loverdos
RURAL DEVELOPMENT JUSTICE, TRANSPARENCY
AND FOOD AND HUMAN RIGHTS
KONSTANTINOS skandalidis Miltiadis Papaioannou